1. What is a Mobile Account?
A Mobile Account is an easy to use actual bank account, available for Jazz subscribers to access from their own mobile phones at any time at their own convenience. Subscribers can use their Mobile Accounts for bill payments, money transfer and a whole host of new services from their own mobile phones anywhere anytime.
2. Who can open a Mobile Account?
Any Jazz customer whether postpaid or prepaid with a valid Nadra CNIC can sign up for a Mobile Account. This service is only limited to Jazz subscribers.
3. Where can I register for a Mobile Account?
JazzCash Mobile Account can be registered only on a Jazz number by visiting any Mobilink Microfinance Bank Branch, Jazz Franchise or Business Center and JazzCash Agents spread across Pakistan. In addition, biometric verified Jazz customers can self-register their Mobile Account simply by dialing *786#.
4. How can I access Mobile Account menu after registration?
Upon successful registration, customer can dial *786# and enter their desired 4 digit MPIN. All transactions made from Mobile Account are secured with this 4 digit MPIN. If you ever forget your MPIN, please call 4444 to reset your MPIN.
5. Is there any tax deduction on depositing money into my Mobile Account?
No tax is applicable on depositing into your Mobile Account.
6. How can I earn profit on keeping balance in my Mobile Account?
Yes, if you have subscribed to Bachat Account and maintain required minimum balance. For more details please click here.
7. If I send money to anyone from my Mobile Account, how much time will it take to process the transaction?
Transaction will be processed instantly
8. If I have a Bank Account with another Bank, can I transfer money from my Bank Account to my Mobile Account?
Yes, you can. You can transfer money through Online Banking available at selected Banks or you can transfer money from your Bank’s ATM by using your ATM Card on your Bank’s own ATM. Just select Mobilink Microfinance Bank as the beneficiary Bank name and enter your Jazz number as the Account number. Funds will be credited to your Mobile Account instantly.
9. Can I transfer money from my Mobile Account to any Bank Account?
Yes you can! Please click here and follow the process. Your transaction will be completed by JazzCash instantly.
10. Can I have more than one Mobile Accounts registered on my number?
Only one Mobile Account can be registered on one number.
11. Can I shift my Mobile Account from my current number to another number which is also on my name?
Yes you can, please call 4444 and our team will guide you.
12. How secure is the Mobile Account?
Mobile Account encompasses the highest level of security. We follow regulations of the State Bank of Pakistan. Each Mobile Account has a 4 digit secret MPIN code which is required for each transaction. All transactions from the Mobile Account are encrypted for security purposes. No transaction can be made without this MPIN which has to be entered from your Mobile number. Therefore please make sure that you setup a secure MPIN and never disclose it to anyone.
13. What if I forget my Mobile Account’s MPIN?
If you ever forget your MPIN, please call 4444 to get your temporary MPIN by providing required verification and then set your personal MPIN from ‘My Account’ in the menu.
14. What if my SIM is stolen, will my Mobile Account be compromised?
No, the customer’s Mobile Account is never compromised because the Mobile Account cannot be used without the customer’s secret MPIN. Therefore please make sure that you setup a secure MPIN and never share it with anyone. The customer should call Jazz helpline seek guidance on blocking of the stolen SIM. The customer can then collect a replacement SIM from any Jazz customer care center or franchise and continue using his Mobile Account.
15. What are the various services being offered through a Mobile Account?
Please see all features being offered here.
16. I am under 18 years of age. Can I register on my form ‘B’?
No, registration requires the account holder to have a valid CNIC.
17. Can I register for more than one Mobile Account on a single CNIC?
No, only one Mobile Account can be opened on one CNIC.
18. What are Mobile Account transaction limits?
Please see Mobile Account transaction limits here. Please note that transactions used for Utility Bill Payments from your account do not impact your Mobile Account withdrawal limit.
19. Can I pay a utility bill of more than Rs.15, 000 through my Mobile Account?
Yes you can pay utility bills of any amount from your Mobile Account.
20. I have received money in my Mobile Account but I don’t want to cash-out right now. Can I retain money in my Mobile Account for a long time?
Yes, you can keep money in your Mobile Account for as long as you want to.
21. Can I pay utility bills of other people from my Mobile Account?
Yes, you can pay bills of other people from your Mobile Account.
22. Can I pay postpaid bills of other people from my Mobile Account?
Yes, you can pay postpaid bills of other people from your Mobile Account.
23. Can I buy Prepaid Load for other people from my Mobile Account?
Yes, you can buy Prepaid Load for other people from your Mobile Account.
24. I want to close my Mobile Account, what should I do?
Call the help line (4444) for instructions.
25. Can I transfer the ownership of my Mobile Account to someone else?
No, this is not allowed. You need to request closure of your account.
26. Is the Mobile Account balance subject to zakat deduction?
Yes, if you are subscribed for Bachat Account. Please see more details here.
27. I want to port-out my Jazz number. What will happen to my Mobile Account?
You will have to close your Mobile Account to port-out your Jazz number.
28. I want to port-in to Jazz. Can I open a Mobile Account?
Yes you can open Mobile Account on ported-in number to Jazz.
29. After how long will my Mobile Account become dormant (temporarily blocked) due to inactivity?
If you don’t use your Mobile Account for a period of 12 constant months, your account will be temporarily blocked. In order to reactivate your account, please call 4444 where you will be verified as its user and your account will be restored instantly.
30. Are there any annual fees to use the Mobile Account?
No, there are no annual fees to use the Mobile Account.
31. Will the customer get any SMS notification after any transaction is complete? Is it Secure?
Yes, the account holder will receive a confirmation SMS after the transaction is complete. It is completely secure, the system checks and records every transaction through a computerized system.
32. Can I request for reversal of a Money Transfer transaction?
Refund request can only be made if funds have been transferred to a CNIC and the transaction is still uncollected by the receiver. Please call 4444 helpline and provide Transaction ID (TID) provided in transaction SMS and request for a reversal. Reversal will be processed within 4 working hours after verification.
33. Where can I buy JazzCash ATM Cards from?
JazzCash ATM Cards can be purchased from any Jazz Franchise and Business Center as well as selected JazzCash Agents.
34. What is my ATM PIN?
Your Mobile Account MPIN and ATM PIN are separate; do not use your Mobile Account MPIN to attempt a withdrawal from ATM. After purchasing ATM Card, you have to setup your JazzCash ATM PIN from your JazzCash menu under ‘My Account’.
35. What if I forget my ATM PIN?
There’s no need to worry! All you need to do is setup your new ATM PIN by using your Mobile Account MPIN. Just open your JazzCash menu via *786# and go to ‘My Account’ > ‘Manage ATM Cards’ > ‘Create ATM PIN’. However if you forgot your Mobile Account MPIN as well, please call 4444 to get your temporary MPIN by providing required verification and then set your personal MPIN from ‘My Account’ in the menu. Then use this MPIN to setup your ATM PIN.
36. Are there any monthly or annual charges for using JazzCash ATM Card?
No. There are no monthly or annual charges on using your JazzCash ATM Card.
37. Can anyone use JazzCash Utility Bill Payment service through Mobile Account?
No. Only Jazz subscribers who have a Mobile Account can pay their utility bills through their Mobile Account.
38. Which utility bills can be paid through JazzCash’s bill payment service?
- KESC (Karachi Electric Supply Company)
- HESCO (Hyderabad Electric Supply Company)
- IESCO (Islamabad Electric Supply Company)
- MEPCO (Multan Electric Power Company)
- FESCO (Faisalabad Electric Supply Company)
- LESCO (Lahore Electric Supply Company)
- GEPCO (Gujranwala Electric Supply Company)
- PESCO (Peshawar Electric Supply Company)
- QESCO (Quetta Electric Supply Company)
- SEPCO (Sukkur Electric Power Company)
- PTCL (Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited)
- SSGC (Sui Southern Gas Company)
- SNGPL (Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Ltd)
- KWSB (Karachi Water and Sewerage Board)
- LWASA (Water and Sanitation Agency) Lahore
- FWASA (Water and Sanitation Agency) Faisalabad
- RWASA (Water and Sanitation Agency) Rawalpindi
- MWASA (Water and Sanitation Agency) Multan
- BWASA (Water and Sanitation Agency) Baluchistan
39. What if I have entered wrong the Mobile Number while purchasing prepaid load?
The transaction won’t be cancelled once it has been completed. For this reason the customer is asked to confirm the transaction before the request is processed further.
40. How long does the pre-paid top up recipient have to wait after the Mobile Account holder tops up his prepaid balance?
The transaction is processed instantly and the recipient will receive prepaid top up immediately.